Ballet Arizona is the Southwest’s premiere Ballet company offering classical and contemporary ballet performances, and is dedicated to preserving and celebrating classical dance while creating and commissioning new innovative works.
The Company includes a corps of 34 dancers, under the artistic direction of Ib Andersen. A year-round staff of over 20 provides administrative, production, marketing, communication, and developmental support.
Ballet Arizona’s team environment thrives on placing qualified and dedicated personnel into each team position. We welcome general inquiries and/or submission of resumes. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Current listings for Company dance auditions or staff employment opportunities are listed below, with detailed job descriptions and application procedures when appropriate.
Ballet Arizona is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Box Office Manager
Ballet Arizona is seeking to hire a full-time Box Office Manager. This individual will manage the operations of all ticket sales, including the implementation and maintenance of our customer database. For a detailed job description, click here. To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to Cathy Chatawanich at email@example.com with “Box Office Manager” in the subject line
Male and Female Dancers
Ballet Arizona is currently considering applications from male and female dancers for full-time positions.Please submit your resume, photos (Headshot and Full body), and video to Laura Cadieux at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you may submit your materials through the mail to the address below:
Auditions, Attn: Laura Cadieux
2835 E. Washington Street
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Due to the high volume of phone calls and submissions, please track your package in lieu of calling or emailing to see if we have received your materials. Any materials submitted for audition purposes will not be returned. You will only be contacted by a representative of Ballet Arizona if Artistic Director Ib Andersen is considering you for a position in the company
Individual Giving Director
Ballet Arizona is seeking a full-time Individual Giving Director to join its development team. This individual will be responsible for the management and implementation of a results-driven fundraising program for individual donors supporting Ballet Arizona’s fund development goals.
Essential skills and experience include:
- Minimum 5 years of development experience, with CFRE or other advanced certification preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Tessitura strongly preferred; confident familiarity with donor and/or ticketing databases essential for success in this position.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- Demonstrated experience and success in the solicitation of contributions of $1,500 or more from individuals.
- Experience with gift and pledge processing, prospect research, reporting, and donor acknowledgment, benefits and recognition programs, especially as they pertain to a performing arts organization.
- Commitment to Ballet Arizona’s mission and the ability to communicate its objectives enthusiastically to potential donors.
- Ability to plan a broad range of cultivation and special events for major donors.
- Strong written and oral communication, persuasive skills, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, nights and weekends as needed.