Ballet Arizona is ready to take The Next Step
Ballet Arizona is a few steps away from moving into our new home, located at 2835 East Washington Street, Phoenix, a vacant warehouse soon to be transformed into a beautiful space for our dancers, our school and community enrichment programs.
The first phase of the construction, which includes four studios, will be completed by June 1, 2013 to provide space for the School of Ballet Arizona’s Summer Intensive Dance program. Full construction will be completed by late July so that the entire organization will be in the new building to start the 2013-14 season.
Won’t you take The Next Step with us?
Building on $3.2 million in voter-approved bond funds, The Next Step capital campaign’s goal is to reach $13 million. To date, we have raised almost $10M but we need your help to raise the final $3 million so that we can realize our vision for the Company.
In a most generous gesture, the Dorrance Family Foundation recently offered the Ballet a $500,000 matching gift challenge grant to help us complete the new facility and establish an endowment that will ensure our future. In order to secure the additional $500,000, the challenge must be met by June 30, 2013.
Your gift, at any level, combined with the match, will go a long way towards helping the Ballet meet our goal and ultimately achieve our dream.
If you would like to participate in the Matching Gift Challenge, you can Donate Now or contact Megan Jefferies, Director of Development at 602-343-6531.
Please click here to view a list of campaign supporters.
The campaign has raised more than $4 million and is now turning to the public to help raise the final $2.6 million and move from this…
- 14,000 square feet of rented rehearsal space, hidden behind a shopping center
- 10,000 square feet of rented, off-site costume storage
- Three rehearsal rooms
- One changing room
- Two bathrooms for 34 dancers and 250 students
… to this:
- 45,000 square feet of adaptive reuse space in the heart of Phoenix, visible and welcoming
- Seven spacious rehearsal rooms
- On-site costume storage
- Locker and physical therapy facilities
- Intimate performance opportunities
- Increased School of Ballet Arizona enrollment
- Community events
- Rehearsal space for visiting arts companies
- Facility rentals