Support Ballet Arizona’s Education & Community Programs
As a professional ballet company, Ballet Arizona is dedicated to teaching, creating, and performing outstanding classical and contemporary ballet, and to increasing the understanding and appreciation for dance within all communities of central Arizona.
Ballet Arizona is dedicated to creativity and excellence in its performances and programs. The company believes that innovative and provocative approaches to presenting dance is an essential part of the creative process.
To learn more about how you can support these education and community programs, or to make a donation today, please call the Ballet Arizona Development Office at 602-343-6520.
Ballet Arizona’s education and community engagement programs are designed to reach audiences of all ages and cultural backgrounds. Our offered programs include:
- Ballet Under the Stars – our season-opening series of free performances held each fall in parks throughout the metropolitan area.
- Class Act – a program for upper-elementary students who learn to “choreograph” their own dance work under the guidance of Ballet Arizona dancers; the students perform their work at Ballet Under the Stars performances.
- Dansmart – brings a team of Ballet Arizona dancers to Valley schools for a one-hour presentation about the training of a professional dancer, the history of dance/ballet, and costumes/footwear. The presentation includes excerpts performed by our dancers.
- Student Matinees – give school children and their teachers the opportunity to watch a professional ballet production in a formal theater setting for a nominal cost ($4 per student for The Nutcracker and $2 for other shows).
- Open Studio – offered to groups and individuals of all ages to observe a rehearsal for an upcoming performance of Ballet Arizona; free to the public.