In collaboration with the Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center, Ballet Arizona offers dance classes that help individuals and their caregivers manage the physical and emotional symptoms associated with Parkinson’s disease. Dance has the power to connect the mind and body. In this class, people with Parkinson’s disease can find renewed strength, confidence, and hope in a community that supports individuality and promotes resilience.
- Dance develops flexibility and instills confidence
- Dance is a stimulating mental activity that connects mind to body
- Dance breaks isolation and creates community
- Dance shares experience and tells stories
- Dance creates and transmits joy
Offered Wednesdays and Fridays from 11:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. (except on major holidays)
There will be no class offered during Thanksgiving week (11/23 and 11/25).
IN PERSON at no cost.
Taught by Debbie Braganza in collaboration with the Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center.
Masks are mandatory in all classes.
Sign up or drop in and take the class any time! For more class information and to register, call 602.381.0188.
Click here to watch a special video featuring our Dance for Parkinson’s class.