Ballet Arizona is the Southwest’s premiere Ballet company offering classical and contemporary ballet performances, and is dedicated to preserving and celebrating classical dance while creating and commissioning new innovative works.
The Company includes a corps of 31 dancers, under the artistic direction of Ib Andersen. A year-round staff of over 20 provides administrative, production, marketing, communication, and developmental support.
Ballet Arizona’s team environment thrives on placing qualified and dedicated personnel into each team position. We welcome general inquiries and/or submission of resumes. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Current listings for Company dance auditions or staff employment opportunities are listed below, with detailed job descriptions and application procedures when appropriate.
Ballet Arizona is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Box Office Manager, Ballet Arizona – Marketing Department
The Box Office Manager manages the operations of all ticket sales including the implementation and maintenance of customer database. The Box Office Manager works to maximize ticket sales, increase and maintain customer loyalty, perform financial reporting functions and perform all data analysis. The Box Office Manager must be able to think strategically; be proactive and assertive; and manage staff through effective customer service, accurate transactions, strong leadership and clear communications.
Responsibilities Include but are Not Limited to:
- Manages Box Office employees, including seasonal help, while staying within a strict budget both at office and performance venue
- Sets up all events, subscription packages, and discounts in Tessitura and updates the ticketing portion of the BAZ website as needed
- Creates and runs customer lists and extractions from Tessitura
- Creatively assesses BAZ ticketing needs with a focus on accurate reporting of patron data; recommends, selects, and helps locate appropriate solutions based on customer needs and desires
- Produces accurate daily sales reports and reconciles with Finance
- Oversees all aspects of ticketing including subscription, single ticket and group sales, complimentary tickets, gift certificates, etc.
- Maintains knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices
- Establishes ticketing and event control procedures to minimize risk to the organization
- Runs the box office with a high degree of customer service orientation so as to maintain excellent public relations with patrons.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years related experience in database management, preferably with Tessitura
- 3 + years of Box office/ticketing managerial experience
- Proven record of outstanding customer service
- Excellent speech clarity and active listening skills
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability and willingness to work irregular and flexible hours is required
- Experience with demand pricing, social media marketing and promotions is preferred
Qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter to HR@balletaz.org
Accompanist, The School of Ballet Arizona
Accompanists support the School faculty in presenting ballet classes. Working closely with the Principal Accompanist, our School pianists will fulfill the following responsibilities consistent with the established artistic standards of Ballet Arizona.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accompany ballet classes as scheduled; be available as a substitute accompanist as needed.
- Prepare appropriate music for classes and/or rehearsals as requested by the Principal Accompanist and/or School Director.
- Accompany for School, Ballet Arizona and Arizona School for the Arts activities.
- Attend staff meetings as required by the Principal Accompanist and/or the School Director. Administrative compensation rate will apply.
Essential Skills and Experience:
The most qualified candidates will be skilled pianists with experience accompanying ballet classes for a professional dance company or school of dance. The School will be willing to train qualified pianists without specific ballet class experience.
Reporting to this Position:
No direct reports.
Applicants must submit a letter of interest, resume and contact information to Human Resources, 2835 E Washington St, Phoenix, Arizona 85034 or via e-mail to HR@balletaz.org. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an audition.
Application Deadline: This position is open until filled.
For this position, Ballet Arizona is unable to sponsor applicants for work visas.
Open Auditions – Company
Ballet Arizona has concluded its auditions for their Company for the 2016-2017 Season.
Open Auditions – Studio Company
Ballet Arizona is accepting male and female auditions for the 2016-2017 Season.
Video Auditions: You may submit your resume, headshot, dance photos, DVD, a $25 audition fee, and audition form to the address below.
Auditions, Attn: School Manager
2835 E. Washington Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85034
Auditions and questions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.