Ballet Arizona is the Southwest’s premiere Ballet company offering classical and contemporary ballet performances, and is dedicated to preserving and celebrating classical dance while creating and commissioning new innovative works.
The Company includes a corps of 31 dancers, under the artistic direction of Ib Andersen. A year-round staff of over 20 provides administrative, production, marketing, communication, and developmental support.
Ballet Arizona’s team environment thrives on placing qualified and dedicated personnel into each team position. We welcome general inquiries and/or submission of resumes. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Current listings for Company dance auditions or staff employment opportunities are listed below, with detailed job descriptions and application procedures when appropriate.
Ballet Arizona is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Development Officer (Individual Giving)
Supervisor: Director of Development
The successful Development Officer (Individual Giving):
- Supports activities of Ballet Arizona’s Company, School, and Audience Engagement programs by building strong, mutually beneficial relationships with individual donors and prospects that result in sustainable near- and long-term revenue streams.
- Expresses passion for and commitment to Ballet Arizona’s mission and possesses the ability to communicate its objectives enthusiastically
- Upholds Ballet Arizona’s commitment to donor-centric fundraising in all interactions with prospective and current donors
- Develops a comprehensive strategy to expand the number, size and frequency of contributions from Individual donors making gifts of up to $2,499
Primary Responsibilities: Design, implement, evaluate, and improve annual and special giving campaigns that meet and exceed revenue goals, supervised by the Director of Individual Giving and reporting to the Development Director:
- Corps de Ballet ($1-$1,499)
- Meet and exceed the individual contributed revenue goal
- Devise fundraising strategies and plans using data-driven information from Tessitura about single ticket buyers, subscribers, and existing donors
- Utilize mass communication methods and platforms to reach prospects and donors, including direct mail, telefunding, and online giving.
- Create strategies to encourage Corps de Ballet members to upgrade to Prima Circle and recommend prospects to the Director of Individual Giving.
- Prima Circle ($1,500-2,499):
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward prospects and donors for/of major gifts at the $1,500-2,499 level
- Manage own portfolio of individual prospects and donors and build an annual process to deepen their level of engagement and giving
- Implements specific campaigns, including Annual Fund, Angel Night, School Campaign and others
- Completes additional duties as assigned and collaborates on department-wide projects including special events
Essential Experience, Abilities and Skills:
- Work Experience: 3-5 years working in a fundraising role, demonstrating success with:
- Soliciting contributions from individuals
- Processing gifts and pledges, prospect research, reporting, and donor acknowledgment, benefits and recognition programs, especially as they pertain to a performing arts organization.
- Tracking Moves Management actions in an integrated fundraising/ticketing database, with Tessitura experience strongly preferred
- Planning and implement a broad range of cultivation and stewardship events
- Persuading decision-makers in-person and through compelling written proposals
- Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college preferred
- Abilities and Skills:
- Work flexible hours, including nights and weekends as needed
- Demonstrate familiarity with standard Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of dance, arts education, working with volunteers
- Bilingual English/Spanish desirable
Salary $50,000-$55,000. To apply, submit the following via email to HR@balletaz.org: cover letter, resume, and references.
Open Auditions – Company and Studio Company
Auditions have concluded for the 2015-2016 season.