Ballet Arizona is the Southwest’s premiere Ballet company offering classical and contemporary ballet performances, and is dedicated to preserving and celebrating classical dance while creating and commissioning new innovative works.
The Company includes a corps of 31 dancers, under the artistic direction of Ib Andersen. A year-round staff of over 20 provides administrative, production, marketing, communication, and developmental support.
Ballet Arizona’s team environment thrives on placing qualified and dedicated personnel into each team position. We welcome general inquiries and/or submission of resumes. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Current listings for Company dance auditions or staff employment opportunities are listed below, with detailed job descriptions and application procedures when appropriate.
Ballet Arizona is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Open Auditions – Company
Ballet Arizona has concluded its auditions for their Company for the 2016-2017 Season.
Open Auditions – Studio Company
Ballet Arizona is accepting male and female auditions for the 2016-2017 Season.
Video Auditions: You may submit your resume, headshot, dance photos, DVD, a $25 audition fee, and audition form to the address below.
Studio Company Video Audition Form
Auditions, Attn: School Manager
2835 E. Washington Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85034
Auditions and questions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School of Ballet Arizona is looking for an assistant to join its team.
The School Assistant provides administrative support to staff, teachers, parents, and students of the School of Ballet Arizona (SBAZ). The School Assistant must maintain knowledge of the SBAZ mission, policies, and programs and must be able to effectively communicate such matters when appropriate. The incumbent will provide administrative support, such as reception support and maintenance of registration records. In every situation, the Assistant must project a positive image of the School.
This is a part-time position and includes some evenings and weekends. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Administration, Scheduling, Coordination of teaching and musical staff, Registration/Enrollment, and Accounting.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma is required
- Knowledge of basic administrative and clerical duties (i.e., word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to Multitask
- Results oriented and deadline driven
- High standards of customer service
To apply, e-mail resume and cover letter to: HR@balletaz.org. Please note that NO telephone calls will be accepted.
Box Office Representative
Part-Time (Scheduled to work from early Nov. thru late Dec.)
The Box Office Representative serves to respond to customer requests for tickets and ticket information in an efficient and effective manner. Contact with customers is primarily conducted through face-to-face interaction and telephone calls. The Box Office Representative must be able to work weekdays, weekends, and nights occasionally.
Responsibilities Include but are Not Limited to:
- Processes season and single ticket orders
- Manages phone system to ensure accurate information is provided to customers at all times
- Greets customers and ascertains what each customer wants or needs
- Recommends, selects, and helps locate appropriate solutions based on customer needs and desires
- Maintains knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices
- Computes sales prices, totals purchase and receives and processes cash or credit payment
- Explains pricing, policies and procedures
Essential Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous customer service experience
- Excellent active listening skills
- Excellent speech clarity
- 1 year related experience in ticketing, preferably through Tessitura, is preferred
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.