Ballet Arizona is the Southwest’s premiere Ballet company offering classical and contemporary ballet performances, and is dedicated to preserving and celebrating classical dance while creating and commissioning new innovative works.
The Company includes a corps of 31 dancers, under the artistic direction of Ib Andersen. A year-round staff of over 20 provides administrative, production, marketing, communication, and developmental support.
Ballet Arizona’s team environment thrives on placing qualified and dedicated personnel into each team position. We welcome general inquiries and/or submission of resumes. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Current listings for Company dance auditions or staff employment opportunities are listed below, with detailed job descriptions and application procedures when appropriate.
Ballet Arizona is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ballet Arizona is looking for a male dancer for the 2018-2019 Season. Please include the following materials in your audition submission.
Resume: include all performing experience with a Professional Ballet Company, training, height, weight, awards received, etc.
Photos: headshot and 1 full body dance photo (i.e. arabesque, etc)
Video: Performance video of classical variation- preferably one adagio and one allegro. Studio variation will be accepted in lieu of performance
Due to the high volume of submissions, you will only be contacted by a representative of Ballet Arizona if Artistic Director Ib Andersen is considering you for the position in the company.
Position: Marketing Manager
Supervisor: Executive Director
This position advances the mission of Ballet Arizona through the management of marketing resources dedicated to maximization of earned revenue. Central to developing, building and delivering the strategic direction of the marketing office, this position will play a critical role in the overall image and position of Ballet Arizona in the community and will work closely with Ballet Arizona Board, Executive Director and Artistic Director. The incumbent will report to the Executive Director and work collaboratively with other members of the organization to achieve marketing goals. The position will be responsible for building and managing effective, strategic, and collaborative marketing and public relations activities of the company.
Responsibilities Include but are Not Limited to:
- Develops, supervises and oversees all marketing programs including audience development, marketing and branding strategy to meet all earned revenue goals.
- Develops, implements and supervises annual department budget, long-range financial projections and strategic planning.
- Supervises the development of all media placement and directs the development of all promotional advertising. Oversees planning, writing, editing, design and printing of all company publications including evening programs, newsletters, brochures and direct mail collateral.
- Provides strong staff leadership and supervises all facets of the marketing/public relations plan including subscription and ticketing, advertising, group sales, telemarketing, public relations and website design and maintenance.
- Oversees the company’s audience development efforts using successful integration into marketing initiatives.
- Coordinates all marketing programs with the box office and monitors an exceptional level of customer service.
- Works closely with the Marketing Committee of the Board and all departments to ensure the achievement of organizational goals.
- Serves as a loyal advocate for the company throughout the organization, in the community, and throughout the larger community.
- Coaches staff to ensure department is meeting earned revenue goals. Skillfully communicate expectations to staff and effectively deliver regular, specific and objective feedback.
- Works in partnership with the Director of Development to ensure Marketing and Development departments work collaboratively to achieve maximum funding opportunities.
- Performs other duties as required.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field or an equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum of five year’s management experience with demonstrated, measurable effectiveness in marketing and public relations.
- Experience working with board of trustees, media, and computer ticketing systems.
- Working knowledge of modern marketing techniques and an ability to implement quantitative and qualitative tools to maximize short and long term audience development and ticket sales.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making. Solve problems and resolve issues.
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Regardless of the time constraints and demands on time, the incumbent must be professional and convey an attitude of helpfulness and concern.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to balance multiple projects, competing demands, and changing priorities.
- Outstanding interpersonal and oral communication skills and an ability to work cooperatively with a broad range of individuals.
- Ability to set priorities, balance demands of multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated initiative and autonomy and of thinking strategically.
Reporting to this Position: Box Office Manager and Marketing Assistant
School Assistant – Part Time
The School of Ballet Arizona is looking for a part time assistant to join its team.
The School Assistant provides administrative support to staff, teachers, parents, and students of the School of Ballet Arizona (SBAZ). The Assistant must maintain knowledge of the SBAZ mission, policies, and programs and must be able to effectively communicate such matters when appropriate. The Assistant will provide reception support and maintenance of registration records. In every situation, the Assistant must project a positive image of the School.
This is a part-time position that requires evenings and weekends, with various schedule hours due to classes. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Reception, Records Administration, Scheduling, Coordination of teaching and musical staff, Registration/Enrollment, and Accounting.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• High standard of customer service
• Great attention to detail
• Ability to Multitask
• Results oriented and deadline driven
• High School Diploma is required
• Knowledge of basic administrative and clerical duties (i.e., word processing, managing files & records, designing forms, etc.)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
To apply, please e-mail resume and cover letter to: HR@balletaz.org. Please note that NO telephone calls will be accepted.
Open Auditions - Company
Auditions have concluded for the 2018-2019 season.
Open Auditions - Studio Company
Studio Company Audition Information
Video Auditions: We encourage dancers to attend the open audition on Sunday, Mar. 4 in Phoenix. If you are unable to attend an open audition, you may submit a video link. Click here for video submission form. Click here for the video payment form.
The DVD/video link should be no longer than 10-15 minutes and include the following:
Barre work, center work consisting of adagio, pirouettes, petite and grand allegro.
Women: Please include pointe work demonstrating an adagio, pirouettes en dehors and en dedans.
Men: Please include tours en l’air with 2 turning combinations.